Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Small Town

Yesterday I decided to use a gift certificate for a massage that my wonderful friend Jen gave me. I love getting massages. But, living in small town America, it just so happens that my massage therapist is also my next door neighbor Kim. I adore her and her family. I love chatting with her about life while our girls decide whose yard is more fun to play in that day. And she gives a mean massage.

I get the hour long massage because, let's face it, 30 minutes is a waste of time where massages are concerned. After it's over I groggily walk into the waiting room and make some small talk with Kim. I wonder if today is the day I'm going to ask her if it's weird to see me practically naked because I wonder every time I go in. Maturity wins. I don't ask. I do, however find the courage to tell her that I am going to buy her a mirror to put in the massage room. After the last time I got a massage I ran around town looking like a Dallas Cowboys player. My mascara had formed two black circles under my eyes and I had no idea. I actually really wanted to bring one with me this time as a house warming gift for her new location but that would have required forethought.

Later that evening, I was telling Eric about my massage. I told him how wonderful it was and that I really should go more often. Then he says, "Did you ask Kim if it's weird for her to see you naked?" I roll my eyes and sigh. My husband is so immature.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I love your blog, Tam! You crack me up! :)

Rachel said...

Tami~ I found your blog from your FB page. Your first post sounds so much like my first post! It sounds like we kind of had the same thoughts about what we wanted our blog to be. I love the title of yours. So glad to hear you getting so close to the Lord...something I really need to follow through with for more than 2 days. Can't wait to read more from you!

Kimberlee J. said...

This completely cracked me up. I never think of anyone as "naked". Ahem.

And for the record, we adore you, your girls, and Mr. D., too. We're so glad you are our neighbors.

Site Meter