Thursday, August 5, 2010

Perspective


"Doggone it!" These are the first words that came out of my mouth this morning after I realized I overslept for the second time this week and missed my yoga class. I found it funny that these were the first words that I could think of. (As I said them an image of my dad yelling "doggone it" while chasing after a runaway cow comes to mind.) I realized I had time for quick run before Eric left for work this morning so I threw on some clothes, grabbed my ipod and left. I faintly remember Eric saying something like "I thought yoga was wednesdays..." as I dashed out of the room.

I came back 15 minutes later with a allergy headache and an bad attitude about missing class. I put on some coffee and leaned over to take off my shoes. That's when I notice I have 1 pink shoe on and 1 green one. Like really? Seriously? Is this the way my day is starting out?

I then sit down to spend some time with the Lord hoping to change my attitude before my girls wake up. This is a must. I had a hard time concentrating but still managed to be awed by the Lord's commanding presence in the gospel of John. Then my sister Amber calls and puts my little life annoyances in perspective.

Her husband came really close to losing his life last night. He had a paramotor accident and the prop cut his shoulder to the bone. He will be fine but if that prop would have hit him a few inches lower he would not be here today. The thought of not having Craig with us and what that would do to my sister consumes me. And most importantly, I'm thinking if Craig wasn't here who would we make fun of? I mean let's face it, he makes himself an easy target, he rides a unicycle and knows exactly what makes an Octopus squirt ink.

Thank you Lord for a lesson in perspective, Thank you Lord for saving Craig.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Hilarious, Tam. Unicycle. :)

Rachel said...

Glad he is okay. Just wondering...was Eric right about yoga class being on Wed not Thursday?

Mrs. D said...

No, it's actually Tuesdays and Thursdays. Eric has no idea when these things are...he just tries to help me out when I'm a mess...which as you can see is no help at all :).

Site Meter