Monday, August 9, 2010

A Lesson in Pride


Eric had last Saturday off. Between work and Service Saturday projects at church, this is a rarity. I so look forward to these days because it means one full day of shared responsibility with the girls. By the time these days roll around I need a straight jacket and rubber room.

So on this rare Saturday, much to my regret, I announced that the bubble blowing gun we bought the girls at Wal-Mart the other day isn't working. At this announcement Eric grabs his tools, goes outside on the front steps and sets to work fixing it. While I usually love the fact that Eric is my Mr. Fix it Man, it completely annoys me on this day. I didn't think trying to fix a $6 Bubble Blaster was a good use of time and, of course being the control freak that I am, I tell him this.
About an hour after Eric decides to work on the gun I step outside and he declares, "I fixed it! The tube had a hole in it so I bit part of it off and connected the tube back together." He then gives me a cocky "I am man, I can do anything" smile. As he's still smiling he inhales the piece of tubing he bit off and it gets lodged in his throat. This ends up in a 10 minute fit of dry heaving on the front steps. I start laughing so hard that I actually snort then manage to yell "Don't puke on the steps!" After a tall glass of water and 10 more minutes of coughing he croaks out "This does not go in the blog!" To which I reply "Oh yes it does." How can I pass up this lesson in pride?*

*Read and approved by Mr. D

7 comments:

Susan said...

Awesome!

Wendy Funk said...

it's a man thing...

JJW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JJW said...

Delete Comment From: Unseen Roots

Blogger JJW said...

You are the best Tam. This blog has made me laugh out loud over and over. LOVE IT, LOVE YOUR WRITING> Jenae

Rachel said...

Hey Eric we have the same bubble gun and it isn't really working either...just dribbles out the bottom. You want to come fix it or tell Kel how to do it since you did so well??? We thought it was even funnier how you didn't try to help him when he was choking Tam!

Mrs. D said...

why would I do that? I would miss out on all the fun....:)

Dana Banana said...

Laughing out Loud!!! Can so relate at our house...except for the choking on a piece of tubing!

Site Meter