Monday, September 6, 2010

Birthday Cash

Nothing like a little birthday cash burning a hole in my pocket when a big Labor Day sale comes around. Found a few things I couldn't live without. First stop: Express. I love Express...sometimes I go in there and pretend I have a high powered job and try on pant suits and camisoles. Then I have to put everything back because I'm a stay at home mom. Found this little tank top and sweater combo though. It looks a bit old lady in the picture but it's pretty cute in real life. Decided to go out on a limb and veer away from my normal "solids only" wardrobe.



Next stop: yes, Maurices. Told you I'm not gonna stop shopping here. Gotta find a good pair of jeans before winter sets in. Must find something that doesn't scream "mom butt." Found them. This is me putting out the vibe. (I know, I think I have a future in modeling too...guess it has to take a back seat to staying home with my kids for now.) Now I'm worrying that these scream "trying too hard to be young butt." When does one go to the the solid dark denim jean only?



Had to buy a solid grey shirt. I wouldn't feel completely comfortable if I didn't have something to fall back on.


Last stop: Sofa Mart. Looking for an end table. Found this in the clearance section. It has a crack on the bottom so I got it 1/2 price. Haven't decided if I'm going to use it as an end table yet but it will look great as a bedside table too. Ahhh decisions. I love these kinds of decisions.



Thank you to my mom and dad, in-laws, and grandparents....never too old to get excited about good old birthday cash!

2 comments:

Kimberlee J. said...

Mom butt? You have got to be kidding me. Not even close. Maurices for jeans...thee best. :)

As far as the solid colored denim...I'm wearing them right now. You've got "butt" a few years at least. :)

Rachel said...

Still such a skinny minny!

Site Meter