Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Ain't As Good As I Once Was

Eric had some meetings in Lawrence this weekend so we decided to turn it into a family vacation and go to the Great Wolf Lodge.


Don't you just love how excited kids get to stay in a hotel? 
This picture makes me happy :).



We hit the ground running...





Story time at 8 pm every night

Pajama's and slippers encouraged! We loved it!

We got to meet Violet and Wiley the Wolves. Rylie was convinced that her and Wiley had the same name...we haven't quite mastered our "R's" yet.


The girls had to go to the arcade every time they had a different outfit on to see what it looked like under the black lights.


We had such a fun time on our little vacation. But, Eric and I decided that we are definitely not in our prime anymore. Here are a few things that came out of our mouths this weekend:

  • We need to look into energy drinks.
  • Wow, how many stairs up to the slides
  • Hey girls, let's just float for a while.
  • My ankles hurt.
  • My legs are sore.
  • Is it bed time yet?
  • Hot tub anyone?

Oh, and here were some additional thoughts of mine:

  • I need a tan
  • I am running the stairs at the football field the minute we get back.
  • I need a tan
  • Why? For the love of God do I not own a swim skirt?
  • I need a tan
  • Hope no one gets behind me when I climb the stairs to the slide.
  • I need a tan

Gotta love swimsuit season!  I knew there had to be something positive about winter....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week's verse

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  Therefore, put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
Ephesians 6:12-13

4 comments:

Chaos-Jamie said...

Actually contemplated laying out this afternoon. Come join me some afternoon. ;)

Carisa said...

Stand by me at the pool. Guaranteed to lift your spirits.

Kimberlee Jost said...

You crack me up.
Swim skirt? I think not.

Natalie said...

I've been thinking of investing in a scuba suit for myself this summer...

Thanks for the verse. I need that one written on my heart!

Site Meter