Monday, May 16, 2011

Tami is Patient

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude.  It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.  Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never ends....faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8,13


In the book Crazy Love, the author challenges readers "to take the phrase Love is patient and substitute your name for the word love." Then do it for every phrase in the passage.

I can't even get past the first one without chuckling to myself.  In fact, it would probably work better for me to insert the word "not" or take it out depending on the phrase.  (Tami is not patient and kind. Tami does envy or boast...) 

When Austyn spilled a cup of water all over the floor this morning, I caught myself repeating over and over in my head "Tami is patient. Tami is patient. Tami is patient."  This did stop me from acting extremely annoyed - which I was - but at least I didn't show it.  Baby steps.

Anyway, I thought I would pass on the challenge!


********************************************

This Week's Verse

But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, "the Lord be exalted!"
Psalm 40:16

No comments:

Site Meter