Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Create in Me a Pure Heart

This week's verse to memorize is:

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Psalm 51:10

This verse always takes me back.  Well, the verse put to song actually. Every year we would sing this song at summer camp and then for months after that my older sister Amber and I would sing it and try to harmonize it perfectly. Well, I would basically try to keep the melody in tune and Amber would harmonize perfectly.  I always have these flashbacks of singing it in our van as our parents drove us places.   

Even though I've sang it hundreds of times, this verse always hits me deep.  And concentrating on it again couldn't have come at a better time for me.  With the feelings of depression I had this winter, my focus had become skewed. I took my eyes off the cross a bit and put them more on myself.

For my quiet time this morning I studied verses 10-12 and prayed them over and over again.  And slowly I began to feel it.  The presence of the Lord.  Something I have missed these past few months.  As the sun streamed in the windows this morning, I closed my eyes and reveled in this feeling.  I didn't realize how much I missed my friend and just how far I'd pushed Him away. I missed the Holy Spirit teaching me and revealing himself to me through Scripture. There is no feeling on this earth that can compare.  Oh how I've missed it!

I feel clean.
I feel renewed.
I feel restored.
I feel joy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 
Create in me a clean heart oh God
And renew a right spirit within me
Create in me a clean heart oh God
And renew a right spirit within me


Cast me not away
From thy presence oh Lord
Take not thy Holy Spirit from me
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation


And renew a right spirit within me

No comments:

Site Meter