Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Funny Thing About Weddings...

My favorite line in the movie Eat, Pray, Love is, "funny thing about weddings, you always end up thinking about yourself." 

(Don't waste your time watching the movie by the way.  Disappointing. Boring. Forgettable.)

Well, my beautiful cousin got married this past weekend and guess what?  So true. I thought about myself plenty.


Pre-wedding thoughts:

Should I wear the blue dress or go with my stand-by black one?

Big earrings or long necklace? (because I never do both at the same time)

Why can't the sun just shine? I am going to look pasty white in my dress.

Mid-wedding thoughts:

Wow, I wish I would have done my hair differently at my wedding, Jamie's is gorgeous.  I practically had a beehive.

Those ribbons are so pretty, why did I decorate with so much tulle at my wedding? I guess, on the positive side, with all that netting there was no way mosquitoes were getting in the church. Ha, that was kind of funny maybe I'll try it out on someone later.

Hmmm...I like that song, wish that would've been out when I got married.

Can't believe it's been 10 years since my wedding!  I am so old!  I am in my thirties, wearing a blue dress with spaghetti straps (which I can tell my mom still disapproves of....totally should've went with the black one that covers my shoulders) and, to make matters worse, my hair is frizzy today.  Darn humidity...

Eric looked smokin' on our wedding day...I would do it all over again in a heartbeat, minus the tulle of course.

Post-wedding thoughts:

Ohhhh, look at all these gifts!  If only I could register again, I need some serving bowls.

She was right not to have an open mic at her reception...what was I thinking??

I need to find my dad and try out my mosquito joke on him, he's always up for a laugh...

What I wouldn't give to be on my honeymoon right now!


Despite all thoughts about myself at weddings, the hopeless romantic in me always thinks:  Is there anything more beautiful than a bride about to pledge herself forever to the man she loves?


Jamie, you were gorgeous.  Thanks for letting us be a part of your beautiful day. Looking forward to having Andy in the family!

I'm also very happy for you that the world didn't actually end on your wedding day.

*************************************

This week's verse:

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weaknesses.  We do not know what we ought to pray, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us, with groans that words cannot express.  And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
Romans 8:26-27

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Tammi..............

Uncle Kevin

Site Meter