Thursday, June 2, 2011

Never too late for a Comeback Line

When I went home (to South Dakota) last week, do you want to know the first thing my brother said to me?  Never mind that I haven't seen him for months.

Well, I was wearing these jean capris:


And he said, "Geez Tami, what are you trying to do? Recapture your youth?"

Yes, if you don't have a little brother, everything you've heard is true.

*****Little brothers are, in fact, extremely annoying.****

Even when they are in their 20's.


Of course I couldn't think of any good comebacks at the time, so I pretended to cry on my husband's shoulder. This comment did hit a little close to home though, because I had just had a mid-life crisis discussion with my husband and Dan only solidified my fears.

Oh no! I can't pass for a college student anymore! (For some reason this has always been my measuring stick for youth.)

So after much thought, I decided that he deserves to hear my comeback lines. Here are a few that have been swirling around in my head:

1. I happen to know that both Jennifer Aniston and Cameron Diaz wear jeans with holes in them.  And they are older than me!  (I know, weak)

2. Oh yeah, well I heard jeans with manure stains on them went out of style last year, so you're screwed too!  (picture my tongue sticking out here)

3. Thank you for the fashion advice Mrs. Joan Rivers.

4. You're such an idiot Dan! (this is usually my go-to line)

5. (There is also mimicking his words in a high pitched voice which would have been a last resort, but not out of the question in this circumstance)

Okay so I haven't worn these jean capris again.....
Does it matter that I was in my 20's when I purchased them?
They may or may not have come from Charlotte Russe...

3 comments:

Carisa said...

let's get together and figure out some comeback lines to the person in church who asked me if I was expecting.

ouch.

Nat said...

Remember last week when you told me I looked like I just got back from jr. high camp? I think that shirt would look good with your capri's ;)

Unknown said...

for what its worth I think those capris are cute! that's totally something my brother would say too and you're right, little brothers are annoying:)

Site Meter