Sunday, June 19, 2011

Why my Dad is the Best

When I was in grade school I entered a contest in school to write about "Why My Dad is the Best."  I had good incentive because if I recall, cash was involved.  And the winners got published in the newspaper. (Which happened about every other week anyway in our town of 300 people, but a huge honor none-the-less.)

All I can remember in my article was writing something about how I loved when dad read me Bible stories at night.  Well, it must have been riveting because I either won or came in second - I can't remember, and it's no surprise that my mom didn't save the clippings of my big newspaper debut. (She's notorious for not saving anything and probably would've thrown me away if I stood in the same spot too long).

And so began my illustrious writing career. This is pretty much where it ends in case your wondering. And there's not much in between.

My dad holds a pretty special place in my heart and I'm sure I could still write that article today and come in first place. So, twenty-some years later I'll hit on the high points of just "Why My Dad is the Best."

~ He's hilarious.  His combination of dry humor and ability to laugh at nothing and everything is contagious.

Hot tubbin' with Uncy Dan and the girls

~ He's easy to be around and has never met a stranger.

Helped Eric call in his first Turkey this year

~ He yells at baseball players on TV more than he ever did at us.

Watching his favorite team (the Twins) with baby Rylie

~ He is an amazing singer.  There is still no one I'd rather listen to singing than my dad.


Trying his hardest to pass the singing baton to his grandchildren

~ He's a wonderful "Papa" to my girls!

Likes having lots of help when we visit!

~ He read me Bible stories at night.


God has blessed me with such an awesome dad!


 
I love you Dad!
You are the best father a girl could ask for.

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This Week's Verse:
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
Matthew 6:14-15


No comments:

Site Meter