Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mother-induced Sensitivity

It's amazing how hypersensitive I've become to sounds and disturbances now that I've become a mother. I swear, every woman acquires senses and hearing a dog would covet when they become a mom. While this is true for all times of the day, it's especially noticeable during sleeping time.  

For instance, you're sitting there enjoying naptime when the UPS man rings the doorbell.  Your blood pressures raises, you hold your breath and pray the kids didn't hear it, and then you fight the urge to chase him out the door and scream at him like a crazy person.  Like, who in their right mind would ring the doorbell at 2 pm?


Here are a few other things that I now find a little irritating:


~ Daylight Savings Time

~ Tornado Warning tests in the middle of the afternoon (aka naptime)

~ My husband stepping on the "squeaky" part of the floor in the morning

~ Birds chirping at 6 am

~ Power outages

~ Thunder storms


Feel free to add to my list my fellow Type A moms...

1 comment:

Suebhoney said...

Oh My! I totally know what you mean! Since we live in the country here is what I deal with.

-My brother target shooting
-My brother blowing his train whistles (my in-laws could hear them in town!)
-Stella, our dog, barking at birds
-Semis and big farm equipment driving way too fast down our dirt road. I am convinced that some day a tractor or a semi is going to crash and roll right up into my house. (They have taken out the stop signs before)
-High schoolers and Tabor kids driving their LOUD cars too fast, during the night, especially when the roads are muddy, because going mudding is fun?

There are some of the annoying things from me. Trust me, I could go on. ha!

Site Meter