Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Why My Mom is the Coolest

I've decided to do a once a month post on exactly why my mom is the coolest mom.  What makes her so cool?  She can do anything.  And I mean anything. 

When us kids were little my parents didn't have a spare dime to their name.  Of course, as kids we had no idea money was tight, our imaginations kept us good company. However, I do vividly remember my sister and I laying in bed at night listening to the mice running inside of the walls of our run down rental house. During our younger years, my mom helped my dad a lot on the farm and also had the small task of taking care of 5 kids. Since my dad was gone from sun up to sun down she became a jack of all trades. Dad wasn't around to help her hang curtains, fix an appliance, or hang sheetrock. So she took the bull by the horns and taught herself how to do things.

To show you some examples of what my mom has done, I'll post pictures.  Some unbelievable and some just plain cool.

So for December, this is why my mom's the coolest:



She made her horse into a unicorn for my girls...



This is just plain cool.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That is great! Alayna and I just had the conversation that as much as she loves unicorns she would not be able to see one because they aren't real. Maybe I shouldn't show her this picture or she will think I lied to her!
I too think the world of my Mom. She had to deal with so much when raising the 5 of us. I don't have a fraction of the issues my mom had to overcome and yet I complain and fuss about the trials of motherhood.

Site Meter