Friday, December 10, 2010

A Reason for My Vanity

I just wanted to let you that I had good reason for my last post. And here's why:


At the KU Game
Top Row: Erin and Collin
Bottom Row: Marcus, Anna, Sam (Adam's girlfriend), Adam (Eric's brother)

This is a picture of some of the people we hung out with in New York.

This is a run down of some of their jobs:

Sam: Designs bedding for different companies. Her largest client is JC Penny's.

Anna: Attends the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) where only 10% of applicants are accepted. She designs jewelry too.  Sees the runway in action!

Erin: Designs clothing for White House Black Market. She's also merchandised for the Home Shopping Network.  She started talking to me about day dresses...what is a day dress?

Marcus: Web designer for the Wall Street Journal

Everyone I was around had more creativity in their pinkie finger than I have in my entire being.  They were all super sweet but I couldn't help but wonder if they wanted to throw up when they looked at my clothes.

My riding boots could only take me so far.

Aren't they just so New York?  Love it.


Sam and Adam


Despite my lacking wardrobe, I managed to have the time of my life.  And things quickly looked up - my favorite store was on every corner so I got to do a little cheap shopping on 5th Avenue. Yay!



We went through DASH - home of the Keeping up with the Kardashians show.  There were like 5 pieces of clothing in the store. (The mannequins didn't even have clothes on.)





Things were a little spendy in the Big Apple...




The major trends in NY are boots, boots and more boots!  Mostly without a heel.  No heels in sight actually...I'm going to attribute it to the insane amount of walking you have to do.  Long,warm, and puffy coats with knitted hats, scarves, and mittens were everywhere.  It was freezing there. 

More about NY and our 15 seconds of fame soon!

1 comment:

Site Meter