Wednesday, December 15, 2010

More on NY

Here are some things I expected to see in New York....
The subways are, in fact, a murder scene waiting to happen

Steamy streets

Pigeons everywhere
  I also expected great food and I wasn't disappointed, a little spendy maybe, but amazing.

There is frozen yogurt under all this. And yes, that is captain crunch, chocolate crunch and the fruit of your choice. Never had anything better. Must visit Pinkberry if you go to NY!
Best place to get a hot dog

Best place to get pizza - Joe's


The New York Life is crazy!

Loved this cool furry writing board in Adam's apartment
He lives in Harlem and wrote this in the fur to welcome us :)


He lives up 5 flights of stairs and this is his view out



We went for walk the first night we were there.  I tried to walk as close as possible to Adam and his girlfriend Sam without seeming obviously scared.  I eventually asked if they feared for their lives a lot. They laughed and said "no."  I was glad for their confidence because I was just sure my own crime scene was just around the corner.



Since there are hardly any gas stations there are little conveniece stores (bodegas) everywhere - the cats are there for rat control

There are huge piles of trash on every street corner - the garbage truck runs at night.


A New York Christmas





Saw this couple on the subway bringing home their Christmas tree



I almost forgot! We did go there to see the game in Madison Square Garden!





I had to snap a picture of the crowd behind us.  They seemed so New York, wearing suits and dress clothes to the game.



Thomas Robinson came into the stands after the game. I think I can find a place on my basement wall for this!

Thanks Adam and Sam for taking us under your wings! Pretty sure I would be in a body bag if it weren't for you!



No comments:

Site Meter