Friday, December 3, 2010

My New York State of Mind

Eric and I are leaving for New York soon to visit his brother and take in a KU game at Madison Square Garden.  Yay!  No business this time, just pleasure. So, this is what's on my mind as I get ready for my trip.  Not worried about leaving the girls.  Not thinking about what sights we get to see.  Not excited for the game yet. Nope, this is what I'm thinking about:

What the heck am I gonna wear?
(The bed bug outbreak is a close second...)

We are going to the fashion capital of the world and I, of course, have nothing in my closet to offer to the fashion world.  I do have my new knockoff pleather riding boots or my $20 painted on skinny jeans.  But, these people spot a knockoff a mile away.  We're not in Kansas anymore.  And everyone says "wear comfortable shoes" but as you all know, comfortable doesn't equal cute.

NY women's fashion trends
NY men's fashion trends

 So I've prepared my advance apologies...

I'm sorry New York for

-my boot cut jeans
-my comfortable cotton shirts
-my worn out tennis shoes
-my hopelessly bad hair
 
and, last but not least

-my overall horrific fashion sense

But, ready or not, here I come!

*I will not apologize for my husband because if he ever comes near a pair of skinny jeans or a velvet jacket he will no longer be my husband.

And to the bed bugs:

Do not come anywhere near me, my husband, or my suitcase.

5 comments:

Kimberlee Jost said...

I've been to NYC a lot. You will be more "in" than half the people there. I promise. Just leave your fanny pack home and you will blend in perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Another trip! You lucky duck. Can't wait to here about it. Who's watching your girls this time? --Koral

Chaos-Jamie said...

Tami, if you complain about your gorgeous hair one more time I will shave you bald, make it into a wig and wear it myself! Grrrr.

(And if you are hopelessly out of style, WHAT does that say about ME?)

tera carr said...

i agree with all above. your hair is adorable and when i've seen you out and about, you always look super cute! the bed bugs... ugh, i worry about that too. i keep hoping they will all magically disappear so we can travel with one less thing to worry about!

Rachel said...

Forget the fashion stuff...all you need is your KU T-shirt! You two have fun at that game...we'll be looking for you on TV!!

Site Meter