Friday, January 28, 2011

A Reprieve

Oh, thank you Lord in heaven for the reprieve from the winter weather! I literally turn into Eeyore during the winter.  A few weeks into January after the excitement of Christmas is over, I find myself to be a Negative Nancy about everything.  I can not find the good in anything.  Everyone's sick with either the pukes or sinus infections so you can't even get out to see friends. A sadness sets in and stays until spring comes with a promise of sunny days.

I've heard it called Seasonal Depression but I'll say the "Winter Blues" since I think that does a disservice to people who struggle with depression year round. I have much sympathy for these people. I get the "winter blues" and the "baby blues" and months seem like years when you're in a funk.  I can't imagine continually struggling with "no hope" type of feelings.

So when there is even a hint of sunshine we are basking in it...


It's never too early to break out the Popsicles!


and laughing in it...



and swinging in it...


and playing in it...


and laying in it...



Some of us, though, are enjoying it a little too much...


3 comments:

Carisa said...

I hear ya! Loving the spring time feel we have going on here.

If Austyn's hat is too short now that she's a whole year older, maybe we (and by that I mean me or you) could pick up and knit a little border along the bottom. I think it would work and extend the life of the hat! What do you think?

Rachel said...

okay, Wayne is fat, but your girls are super cute!

Mrs. D said...

Hmmm...never even thought of that Carisa. Yes, she's definitely outgrowing her hat! You may have to give me a quick "border" lesson. :)

Site Meter