Monday, January 10, 2011

A New Addition

Meet Shelby









We got a new puppy!  The excitement level is at an all time high around here. As you can see Rylie has not left her side since we got her.  Shelby's been introduced to many friends...






Eric named her after Josh Selby (KU basketball player) I thought Selby sounded weird so we compromised on Shelby.  Our cat is named Wayne after Wayne Simeon (former KU player) so we thought it only fitting. (We found out later our cat was a girl but it was too late, the name stuck.)

She is a Shiba Inu.  I know.....you've never heard of it.  I did a lot of research on the Internet about what kind of dog we wanted. My criteria was:


has to be an outside dog
not a big dog but not a tiny dog
must not be a barker!
must be great with kids
a dog that I can start a small family breeding business with


and after months of research I kept coming back to the Shibas.  A few days out and I feel like we've made a great choice. I did have a little cry after we got her because based on pictures I thought she was going to be fluffier, but I have moved on to "big girl world" and I can see past my vanity. 

Technically we now have two new additions to the family as I saw a mouse scurry across my kitchen floor this morning. The latter will hopefully go to a better place soon. It's either me or him I guess.

2 comments:

Kimberlee Jost said...

Yay for a new puppy!!!
Boo for a mouse.

Rachel said...

As soon as I saw the name of your new puppy I told Kel it had something to do with KU...he said no because it was spelled wrong, but I stuck to my guns and I was right!!

Site Meter