Monday, January 24, 2011

A "Me" Day

I can't remember the last time I had a whole day to myself. A day at home without kids, a day off. I occasionally get some "me" time when I go get my hair done or go shopping but I never just stay at home. What did I used to do on my days off before I had kids?  I often find myself jealous of people without children because I miss those days off so much it makes me crazy sometimes.  Well, I've been down in the dumps lately because of the weather so I decided to take a "me" day darn it!

I scheduled daycare for my kids with only mild guilt after Austyn said, "mommy I no want you to go," and had one glorious day all to myself. Even battling a sinus infection wasn't getting in my way.  I had things to organize and clean - there's just something about loud music and no interruptions that gets me excited about menial tasks. So my morning was spent checking things off my list.

Then Eric came home for lunch and said, "I'm disappointed in you, sit your butt on the couch and enjoy your day." Ummmm....okay.  Don't have to tell me twice.  Then came a nap on the couch, some mindless web surfing, a Made marathon on MTV, and glorious time wasting.

Thank you to my husband who gave me permission not to be "on" every minute of every day.  This is why I keep him around, so I don't go completely crazy.

I'm thinking I might have to pencil in more days like this, so let's all dream together....what would you do with a "me" day?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

it overwhelms me just thinking about it...i bet i would just waste it and then the next day think of all the things i could have done and be mad because my "me day" would already be past me!

Kimberlee Jost said...

I take one every Thursday. Without it I would be lost. I totally affirm you!

Site Meter