Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Trip of Firsts

Being a small town Kansas girl, my Caribbean trip allowed me to see and do a few things for the very first time.  That's the beauty of vacationing right?  For instance...


Have you ever been to a nude beach?
I can now say that I have.
Welcome to St. Maarten.


I can assure you there were no butts this high or firm on the beach.

So, no camera's were allowed but I couldn't help myself.  The immaturity still runs deep, however, props for me because I didn't start to giggle until I returned to my beach chair.


A couple questions still linger in my mind after this experience.

Do you really need a tan there? Really?

Should nude beaches have a
 "One Must Actually Look Good Nude"
requirement?


Half of the island of St. Maarten was French, hence the no-shame attitude.  Not only were there public nude beaches but also public restrooms shared by both men and women.  It is a little unsettling to see a guy standing at a urinal when you walk in the bathroom...




Welcome to the beautiful Antigua rain forest. 
We ziplined here.
Easily one of the coolest experiences of my life.
Besides the fact that I almost passed out. I think I was pushing my little baby to the limit!



Have you ever kayaked in the Ocean?
Thank the Lord we didn't tip over.
They don't call them "divorce boats" for nothing.


In St. Croix


Here we are snorkeling with the sea turtles in Barbados.
We didn't see any turtles though. 
We apparently weren't fast enough or ever in the right place at the right time, figures.



And finally, our last "first" of the trip.
We said we were going to get tattoos for our 10th anniversary.
And we did.







Okay, so we chickened out. They're fake.  I would like to think we would be a tad more creative if we ever get the guts to take the plunge.  Maybe we're still afraid of what are parents would say....:)

3 comments:

Kimberlee Jost said...

Were you nude at the beach? Inquiring minds want to know this kind of info. Or at the very least, nosey neighbors.

I'm so glad you guys had a great time. Thought of you bunches and prayed that you were feeling great! You must've been.

Mrs. D said...

No nudity for me at the beach, not sure anyone would want to see that! :)

I felt great so praise the Lord for that! He definitely answered my prayers!

Rachel said...

I can't believe you got Eric to pose nude for you??? Shocking Eric, very shocking! Glad you two had such a great time! Kel and I were laughing so much when we saw the tattoo pictures...your poses were so funny!

Site Meter