Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Rapunzeled

For Rylie's 5th birthday party I broke down and had a friend party.  I thought I would wait a few years before starting this but she begged to have friends over and I figured "why not?"  Not until after I got carried away inviting every friend she knew, did my sister-in-law say, "didn't you know about the friend rule? Their age is the amount of friends they can invite." No, I didn't know that.  Good rule.  I invited twice the amount of her age.

I find it very hard to find a cut off point, anyone else?  I hate the thought of leaving anyone out.  (Even though I could've still invited more.)  So we had a large amount of Rapunzel's running around.  And it actually went surprisingly well. 


We decorated Rapunzel braids with flowers and hair clips for a craft. 
Everyone was so pumped to play that they weren't all that into it. But they turned out pretty cute anyway!


After crafts we headed outside to play some water games. We went through about 200 water balloons in 5 minutes :).  It was fun to watch since no one can hit anybody at this age unless they are about 2 feet away.




We were all contained in the backyard so that made it pretty easy on me to have a large group.  And thank God my husband and friend Angela were there with helping hands.


There were 2 other pools by the way....

Eric forbid me to make a cake this time (the last one I attempted took me about 10 visits to Chiropractor to get over).  Let's just put it this way...the best $18 I ever spent.


And thanks to Angela for lending us the fondant Rapunzel that her sister made...very impressive :).


I love the gift giving part.  It's so fun to see the girls get as excited about giving gifts as receiving them! 



But my favorite part was all the "I love you's" and "thank you's" from Rylie for throwing her a friend party.  It was well worth it :).


Happy Birthday to my Big Girl!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This Week's Verse:

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55:8-9

No comments:

Site Meter