Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Bad Attitude Day

Yesterday was one of those unpleasant days.  It didn't really start out that way but I got it in my head to tackle all of the crappy things on my to-do list.  The ones that I keep rolling over to the next to-do list and the next and so on.  By the time I finally decide to do them I have a bad attitude right out of the gate.

First horrendous job:  Calling my Internet company to see why my darn connection is so slow.



Been on the to-do list for months and here's why:

-it's never less than an hour on the phone, never
-I end up talking to someone in India and all I can understand is something about deleting cookies
-I have a really hard time being nice to this person
-kids screaming in the background
-being put on hold raises my blood pressure


Second job:  Ironing




I have a tried and true hatred for this chore. I let it pile up until I hear the words from my husband "Tam, I don't have anything to wear." (Which I heard yesterday.)  If the situation gets dire enough he will do it himself.  But it's one of those things that I kind of feel guilty about not doing.

While I'd love to give a good Christian answer and say that I pray for my husband while ironing his shirts, I actually end up doing the exact opposite - getting more and more ticked off at him with every shirt.  I tend to think about the precious nap time hours I'm wasting.  Why he has to wear stupid dress shirts anyway.  And that he really owes me....big time.

I think it's time to look into dry cleaning.


Third loathsome job: Ordering pictures online



Ordered over 400.  Another thing I've had on the to-do for quite some time.  I had a 50% coupon expiring so I made myself do it.  Upload time was excruciating.  Especially with my slow Internet.  Wanted to pull my hair out.  Wanted to yell at my girls that they better appreciate me making albums for them.  But, they were already in bed and had seen enough crabby mom for one day.

With my frustration through the roof yesterday, I was not that fun to be around believe it or not. Good thing I put off these days for as long as possible.

I'm feeling much more positive today because...

Here is my to-do list now:

Internet fixed when I get my new part in the mail
Ironing done
Didn't even say one mean thing to my husband about it
Pictures ordered, hallelujah praise the Lord

It seems a little wrong to post a verse after my bad attitude day, but today is a new day right?  And nothing is too hard for the Lord to handle...even my attitude.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This week's verse:

Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm.  Nothing is too hard for you.
Jeremiah 32:17

No comments:

Site Meter