Friday, April 1, 2011

Kindergarten Round-Up

Can't believe the time has come for Kindergarten Round-up.  Pretty sure I used to pray for this day to come when, as a baby, Rylie would scream from 5 to 9 at night.  Or as a toddler when she would throw tantrums that would make me want to run away and never come back.  That, and her constant need for my attention left me irritable and drained 7 days of the week.

I've always been excited for the school days, I don't do babies very well.  It may have something to do with my selfishness and need for space. Just a guess.  So, I love Rylie at this age, the school age. She has become such a fun kid, her strong personality was so challenging as a baby (and sometimes still is), but it's become what I love about her now.  

However, Kindergarten Round-up left me feeling a little sad...where did my 5 lb. fussy baby go?




Where did my curly headed rug rat go?






Where did my ornery toddler go?





Ahhh....here she is




So grown up.
So beautiful inside and out. 
So worth all the hard fought days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's a doll! We enjoyed having her at round-up:)
Mrs. B.

Kimberlee Jost said...

Congrats to Ry! What a cutie she was and is. :)

Malinda said...

What a huge milestone! And, she was and is a beauty!

Rachel said...

I love looking at her pictures through the four (almost five) years! The curls are just so sweet...we don't have a single curl in this house! Can't believe our girls are going to school!

Site Meter