Tuesday, April 19, 2011

This Fits Too

I went home last week.  Is it weird that I still refer to going to my parents house as going home?  Wonder what my husband thinks?

Well, I went to South Dakota.
To the middle of nowhere.
To the farm I love. 
To the country. 

Ahhh...Just saying the word "country" brings me a calmness.  Even though I now live in what many people chuckle at even calling a town, I still feel a little claustrophobic here.  Often I look out the window of my house and I imagine a view like this, well, minus the snow.  The view I grew up with.


Yes, it snowed - blah.

 I miss seeing new life every spring.



Austyn wasn't impressed with the calves getting shots
                                                                                                                          




I miss searching for all the new kitties in the barn.








I want to go to grandmas and have milk and cookies everyday.


I want to ride off into the sunset. :)







 I want to have a built in petting zoo.


I want to wear muddy jeans everywhere.
I want to go days on end without a stitch of makeup.
I want to get that feeling of a hard day's work.
I want to live off the land.
I want my kids to know the beauty and simplicity of wide open spaces.

Even though I've been gone for 10 years, I have to fight back the tears everytime I leave the farm. But, by the time I make the long drive back to my home, I realize that "this fits too."  (A little nod to one of my movie faves, Sweet Home Alabama).  It feels like my home now and, surprisingly enough, I found that I can actually survive living in town. I'm still trying to figure out how to interact with neighbors and how not to let my dog run wild.  But, we're getting there.  Turns out dogs actually need to be trained, who knew? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week's verse
(I'm a week behind so thought I would share this one - came as a good reminder for me!)

Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
Galatians 6:2

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Glad you had such a great time at home...I still always call my parents house "home". I don't think it ever goes away! Love that your girls are all about Grandma's horses! So brave!

Site Meter