Thursday, February 3, 2011

Nostalgia

I made some of my Grandma's famous Dill soup the other night and I've been homesick for her ever since. Not only is she a notorious cook, she can out play anyone on the piano, out work any man, out sew and craft any woman, and spin a story better than any narrator.






...but she's so famous for her cooking she's published in Taste of Home :)



Yummmm...


Before my wedding she gave me the cookbook with a note written in it that only a grandma could write...I cherish it.




She pasted some pictures in the front of the cookbook and this one is my favorite



Grandma made flower gardens for her grandchildren made out of the first letter of their names. Mine was the "T" garden.  I loved it because I got a garden all to myself. No one else's name began with a "T".  Growing up in a family of 5 kids, it was a novelty to get something all to myself.

There's nothing like a Grandma that can make you feel special and loved.


Grandpa and Grandma Jons holding baby Rylie

She's 400 miles away from me and what I wouldn't give today to pop some corn and watch Anne of Green Gables with her like the old days. Ahhh...nostalgia.

1 comment:

Myra said...

We had this for supper tonight. Wow!! It was awesome! Simply delicious!!

Site Meter