Monday, February 21, 2011

A Pep Talk

My mom visited me last week and she couldn't have come at a better time...well, she was actually helping my sister Becky get settled in her new house. (Yes, sadly my chick flick watching comrade and morning coffee partner has moved out.)  While mom didn't actually come to see me necessarily, I think my incessant weeping was concerning enough to warrant a few nights at my house too. And I'm glad it did...sometimes a girl just needs her mom.

A heaviness has settled upon me for the last month or so and I can't shake it, not even the glorious sunshine is helping.  I am sad, unmotivated, uninspired, and stressed out.  (Hence, the lack of posts). There are some reasons for this, but mostly I just think once you're down the kicks feel harder than they actually are. Life feels overwhelming and small hiccups seem like the end of the world.

So this is me pep talking myself, that there are things worth smiling about....





trying out our new swimsuits in the shower!

why is it that only Nanna can get her to rock to sleep?

best thing about Valentine's cookies - the frosting

the ulitmate happy place - a spa day with mom

flowers for Valentine's Day from my Valentine


a quick solution to spilled Fun Dip - dad's idea...who else?

Another thing to look forward to...a trip to Boston in a few days with my BFF Nat to visit our friend Jenae. And there's nothing like time with friends that won't put a smile on your face.

So chin up, Tam...there are good times to be had.

No comments:

Site Meter