Thursday, November 11, 2010

Gwyneth Paltrow...a country singer?




I'm not trying to hate on Gwyneth because I love her as an actress, but does this make any sense to you?

A few quick questions/observations about her trying to launch a country singing career:

- Has she even seen a cow? Like, in real life?

- From watching an interview a while back, I know she doesn't eat cows...just animals that have 2 legs.

- Has she driven on a dirt road before, or cripes, has she even been in a Western movie?

- She has a pretty good voice but, Country Strong?  Really? I kinda found myself laughing and then becoming a little irritated that she would even claim to know what "country strong" means.  I guess I'm more fiercely proud of my roots than I thought.

- I don't think the country crowd will buy what she's selling.

This is equivalent to me rapping a duet with Eminem about life on the streets. But hey, kudos to her for being gutsy and looking good while doing it!

3 comments:

Suebhoney said...

I thought the same thing when I watched her performance online this morning. She's married to a singer so I guess she should do a record. So now is her hubby from Coldplay going to be in a movie? I think they have too much money on their hands. ha! But she had smokin' legs in that dress, for sure!

Mrs. D said...

Eric just told me he heard she's going to do a movie about being a country singer. So now I'm wondering if she's just doing this for the movie or if she's trying to make a career out of it. Guess we'll see!

Chaos-Jamie said...

Well I do know that when she did the karaoke movie, she did her own singing and I was impressed. Maybe while she was filming the country singer movie someone told her she should make a CD.

That's me playing devils advocate. It's a curse.

Site Meter