Monday, November 1, 2010

Big City Fashion

Whenever I go somewhere new I like to just sit and watch people walk by.  Mostly because I love to see the latest trends in fashion. Since we live in a rural area, big city fashion tends to hit here a few years later so I like to see what's up for us next.

Here's one that has been around for a while, but everyone is doing it in Philly.
Skinny jeans with tennis shoes:



Not just the teenagers...their parents too. I felt very out of place in my boot cut jeans and Nike's. Boot cut jeans are no where to be seen in Philadelphia.  I just can't get on board with this. I think maybe the main reason is this:

short + big feet + skinny jeans + tennis shoes = disaster

So for now I will say "never." I do like the skinny jeans for heels and boots though. 



Next thing I don't know if I can do...so I'll go ahead and say "never" is:

Leggings as jeans:


I can do leggings if my butt is covered but again, everyone in Philly was wearing the leggings as jeans.  And you know what that means....also, disaster.  I'll take the firm stance that leggings worn as jeans should not be offered to everyone.  Maybe just models.



Here is a trend I could definitely get on board with:

Leg warmers - super super cute!



This was my favorite: Leg warmers with short boots




And one more that I actually did get on board with and bought a pair for myself was...

The riding boot


People were wearing these with black leggings (as jeans, of course) and skinny jeans and I thought it was really cute. It's bringing back the equestrian look evidently.  Now all I need is a horse and hat and I'm ready to go!

Fun, fun, fun....I love fashion!

1 comment:

Kimberlee Jost said...

Riding boots are on my list this year, too! Love them.

Site Meter