Thursday, October 14, 2010

Does This Make Me Crazy?

I was watching Oprah last night and there were people on the show that do weird things and they were wondering if there are others out there that do the same things. For example, there was a married couple who sleeps in separate beds because "it works for them." I so don't agree with this logic, but there was a lady on the show I could totally relate to - the naked cleaner. Before you freak out, I don't clean naked. But I totally get why she does. As she does laundry she takes off the outfit she has on and puts it in the wash so she doesn't have one dirty outfit in the house and then she cleans the whole house while naked. I get it. A perfectly cleaned house with every stitch of your laundry done up. There is no better feeling.

You see I'm very much a perfectionist who likes things done a certain way and done right - borderline OCD you could probably say. I have my days planned out. I always know what to expect, what comes next. This is how I plan out my house keeping schedule...because you don't even want to know how detailed I run the rest of my life:

Sunday - plan my meals for the week and write out my grocery list

Monday - grocery shop and recover the house from having hubs home on the weekend :)

Tuesday - laundry: sheets and towels

Wednesday - laundry: Eric's and my clothes

Thursday - laundry: girl's clothes and bedding; clean bathrooms, swiffer my floors

Friday - clean rest of house and vacuum (about every other week I clean the basement and I deep clean the whole house: dusting and scrubbing things till they shine)

Don't worry if you come for a visit during the day my house isn't spotless, but if you come at night...yep.  I can't go to bed without my house picked up. Meanwhile, throughout the week, I keep lists of what I need. We are never out of things. I have back up's for my back up's.

When I explained my weirdness to my mom a few years back she said, "them kids will take that right outta ya" as she pointed to my 2 year old and sleeping infant.  (My mom is educated...it's a territorial thing.)  But they haven't...if anything, they make me crazier. Cleaning and picking up after "them kids" is a full time job. I guess I've been able to let go of keeping my house constantly picked up - but it makes me feel a little crazy to have toys everywhere and I mean everywhere.

I don't think I will turn into the naked cleaner, but just don't come by on Fridays to be safe.

5 comments:

Kimberlee Jost said...

I saw this show too. I just kept thinking, if she wants all the laundry done and clean, why doesn't she just the wash and sleep naked?

Delish bars by the way. It was a great incentive for Ella to eat. I was wishing I didn't have to share.

Suebhoney said...

I like Kim's comment. ;) I'm with you on the house being picked up. I can't sleep either knowing there is stuff everywhere. Despite the fact that come 6:30 am, G will be doing "fieldwork" and the tractors will be EVERYWHERE!

Carisa said...

Hey, we could be sisters! I'm on a schedule just like you. Except for the deep cleaning part...I'm not so into that.

tera carr said...

i just did the naked clean today so all my laundry was done. and i was so glad to see others pick up before bed... it's a MUST.

DebbieDee said...

I wish I were so dedicated a housekeeper. I grew up in a hoarder's home, so even toddler crazy seems clean to me. Alas, the state does not agree...so I work harder and clean better.

Site Meter