Friday, March 16, 2012

Fightin' the Frump

I think after you have a baby is possibly the worst body image time in a woman's life.  You just sort of feel frumpy, unattractive, and just blah. I mean, let's face it, wearing maternity clothes when you're not pregnant anymore is never fun. To make matters worse, I was watching TV one night and there she was....Heidi Klum.  They were showing footage of her walking down the Victoria's Secret runway just 2 months after she gave birth.

Sickening - that's a good word for that.

Pretty sure the word "frump" doesn't exist in Heidi Klum's dictionary and I kind of doubt she and Seal had any conversations like this....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Oh, I see you've broken out the sweat sheets, ha ha..." Eric said to me after I changed the sheets on the bed. 

I had to 86 the flannel sheets in exchange for some light weight sheets because I sweat like a banshee at night right now.  I sleep on a beach towel and go through about 2 shirts a night and still have to wash my "sweat sheets" everyday.

Eric reached over and touched my arm the other night and then said, "ack, I can actually feel the steam rising from you."  Mmmmm....sexy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rylie wanted to wear some sweat pants to school the other day and Eric wouldn't let her.  She asked the inevitable "why?"

"They don't look nice...you don't see mommy wearing sweatpants everyday do you?" A quick glance in my direction. "Er, I mean to church, uh work...(fumble fumble).

Sweats are all I fit in right now.  Well, that and my maternity jeans. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey babe, I think my tummy went down - I only look about 4 months pregnant today instead of 5...what do you think?"

"Just keep nursing, Tam."

What the heck is that? We all know what avoiding the questions means. If there ever is a time to lie to me, it's now.  And that's what I told him.

So this was my comment yesterday.

"Hey, your stomach is looking good!"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


:).  I'll take it.


3 comments:

Kimberlee Jost said...

You are one of the least frumpy post pregnant women I know. I don't even have to lie about it.
:)

Laurel Chace said...

Tami - you are so hilarious! I can SO identify! My hips always spread like a mile... okay, twice their normal size and it takes like 8-10 months before back to normal. Hang in there my friend,,, you'll make it back to your tiny size, I'm sure of it. Thanks for cracking me up though,,, if you don't mind, I'll share this with a good friend of mine that had Baby #3 some months back. Thanks. ;o) Laurel

Laurel said...

P.S. Last Sunday, a woman brought Baby #4 to church. The baby is now 5 weeks old and she didn't even look like she had even been pregnant, let alone given birth a few weeks ago. She was wearing these tight jeans. Unreal. No fair. If I looked that thin after having a baby,,, ha, it'd be a miracle.

Site Meter