Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Knitting 102 - Don't Stop Believin'

Well, it's been over a year since I first picked up the knitting "sticks" as I like to say.  In case you were holding your breath, things have gotten much better since taking knitting 101. I can actually make a few things now. And they turn out!  I mean, I've had a few fiasco's and given some knitted things as gifts that I really shouldn't have...but at this point I would give myself a "B" for effort.

After posting about my disastrous knitting 101 course, Carisa took pity on my friend Natalie and me, gave us some cool patterns and got us started down the right path. She was officially our saving grace and affectionately known as our Knitting 102 course. 


Here are a few of my projects over the last couple months:

A newborn hat for my hairdresser who's soon having her first baby.

I had a request for a "hat with braids" from my girly girl

Guess who else wanted one?
a birthday present for Blake

Baby pod for my sister's friend - love this yarn combo if you can't tell!

Brim hat for my sister Amber - she totally rocks it!

Pod and hat for my friend Jen's precious baby Kyle

Boy brim for my main man Graham



You'll be happy to know that I can now knit and talk to my husband at the same time.  Isn't life beautiful?

So, moral of the story is...if you want to try something new.  Do it.  Then write about how pathetic you are at it and pray someone wonderful takes you under their wing.



******************************************
This Week's Verse:

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.  Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
John 8:31-32

3 comments:

Kimberlee Jost said...

You can do anything.
I like that about you.

Rachel said...

Outstanding! I think knitting is way harder than crochet so I am super impressed! I have some knit "sticks" but am too afraid to even pick them up! My one attempt resulted in the yarn wrapped so tight on there it wouldn't even move! Wish we lived closer so you could teach me! Hey, your baby is going to be here soon! Can't wait to hear the good news!

Carisa said...

Oh Tami..your creations look wonderful! I love that you have conquered this--and excelled at it.

I also love the reference to being able to talk and knit. That cracked me up.

Site Meter