Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Difference a Choice Makes

After the busyness of the last few weeks, it feels good to just sit down and have a breather.  It was a good Christmas, besides the fact that I probably put on 20 lbs. in 5 days.  I Could. Not. Stop. Eating.  Not a good thing to be pregnant over the holidays, but at least it gives you an excuse to go back for seconds and thirds.

This Christmas left me feeling very thankful for what the Lord's given me.  Eric and I both have such awesome families.  And it's just something I take for granted too often.

My grandma turned 80 over Christmas and we had a party for her.

She was so cute, she wrote a book about her life and gave it to all of us.  I can't think of a more perfect gift or one that I'll cherish more.






As we sat down to eat, my uncle prayed and thanked God for how her life has had an impact on our family eternally.  I've never really thought of that before but as he said it, it made me feel grateful for her in a different way.

I've always been grateful for her...

cookies
humor
comfort
personality
cooking
time
love

but I never really considered the impact that her choice to follow Christ had on the rest of us.  What would life be like if she had not made that choice? Would my dad be a believer? Would my parents have even married?  Would I even be here? 

It's kind of one of those things that makes you realize that you never know what kind of impact your decision to follow Christ has on others. Who knew I would find myself praising the Lord today for a choice that was made over 70 years ago?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This Week's Verse:

Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
Matthew 25:34-36


No comments:

Site Meter