Monday, November 7, 2011

Just Between Us

I guess you could say that I'm one of the lucky ones.  My husband's love language is gift giving.  Not only does he love giving me gifts, he's pretty stinkin' good at it.  And turns out, I love getting gifts - so everyone wins!

In our 14 years together he's only had a few missteps.  For example, one Sunday his grandma showed up to church with the same necklace on that he had just bought for me.  I wasn't sure he would notice but the minute she left the room he said, "okay, sorry I got you the same necklace as grandma, I blew it on that one." And we laughed, a lot.

But that's definitely the exception because he normally does an awesome job. He plots and plans for months on gifts.  And I usually get one or two before the actual event because he "just can't wait" to give them to me. 

He's pretty creative too...

He has said "pack your bags, we're going on a trip tomorrow."
He has gotten me a babysitter for the day because I needed some time for myself.
He has...

done scavenger hunts
brought flowers just because
given massages, pedi's, mani's
held surprise parties
made me cake balls (because he read they were what every mom was getting for Mother's Day)
surprised with happy hour Sonic drinks
gotten me a house cleaning
given me employee bonuses for watering and weeding the flowers at his workplace (which is more of a joke because the flowers are always half dead and weedy)
had my windows washed
etc, etc, etc


After I get a gift my friends usually roll their eyes and say, "what'd he do this time? Take you up in a hot air balloon?"

To which I reply, "tried, but it was too windy."

He just is always thinking about what he can do for me or get for me next.  And frankly I don't deserve that kind of treatment...but I love every minute of it.  It does occasionally make me feel guilty though, because I'm fresh out of ideas when it comes to gifts for him.  I'm always saying, "let's just not do presents this time."  But he does it anyway and then I look like the jerk.  He just can't help himself, so I guess I must allow it to go on.

So last week, he gave me one of my most favorite gifts of all time (no occasion, just because).  And he said, "don't tell anybody, I'll totally lose my street cred."  So, if you could, let's just keep this between us.

I present to you.....The Love Book



These are just a few of my favorite pages out of the 75(!) in the book.



                                                                                                          






I told him I needed to share it on my blog as a Christmas present idea for others.  The last thing I want to happen is for my husband to lose his street cred! So...here's the link everyone.

Look what you can do for Christmas for someone special!  :)

He's just so worth my bragging on him a little...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This Week's Verse:

"If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever - the Spirit of Truth.  The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him.  But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
John 14:15-17


2 comments:

mk said...

So I APPLAUD you for bragging on that hubby of yours publically!! I'm a true believer in letting these guys set the example for others!! They may whine and complain that he's making them look bad...but at least he gives them IDEAS. It's up to them to be smart enough to COPY 'em!! Hahahaha!

And yes, my Stephen stacks up pretty good in the "OMG--he is soooo sweet!" category...I DID get that balloon ride for my birthday this year...TOTAL surprise! Had no idea he where he waas taking me at 6:30am in 31 degree weather!

I heard a speaker not too long ago talk about how her husband enjoyed "loving her extravagantly"... it was his joy to do so! So....stop feeling guilty and enjoy that Eric is learning from His master all about "loving extravagantly" and practicing on you!! Woooooo-hooo!!

Rachel said...

75 pages...Good job Eric! You two are a great match and giving your girls such a great example of how to love.

Site Meter