Monday, September 17, 2012

Fourth Child

Over a fabulous piece of my mother-in-law's peach pie with a side of ice cream, my husband and I had a great conversation (at least from my perspective).


He began by saying:

So, do you care if I go to that conference?

I guess you can go.

(Laughing).  Do you ever feel like I'm your 4th child?

THANK YOU SO MUCH for saying that!  You don't know how liberated I feel right now.  I feel wonderful, free, understood!

No, no, no. What I meant to say was, do you ever feel like you treat me like I'm your 4th child?

(ignoring him)...I've been waiting for you to say that for hmmmm...11 years now...what made you finally come to this realization??

Tam, seriously, you're annoying.

So you finally see what I have to go through, put up with, pick up after.  You have no idea how great I feel right now!

Annoyed Silence

And he gives up trying to get his point across because naturally I keep going on and on as if I didn't hear his intentional statement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later:

Oh shoot.  I left the ice cream out.  It's totally melted.  What should I do?

Just throw it away.

(We both burst into hysterical laughter.  Well, mine was hysterical, his was more of a resigned chuckle.)

No comments:

Site Meter