Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Rockin' the Gut

Have you heard that country song "Rockin' the Beer Gut?"  You're not missing out if you haven't.  It's one of those songs that you have no idea how it ever made it to radio.

I haven't disliked a song this much since "She Thinks my Tractor's Sexy." 

If you want to lose brain cells, have a listen...



The problem is, I find myself relating to this song and I can't get it out of my head.

It's kind of my anthem right now.

Not that I'm a beer drinker.

I am just in that weird stage of pregnancy that makes it look like I have a beer gut.

Or that I had too much bread at dinner.

Every time I get dressed it pops into my head. Every time someone notices my gut, yep. When my girls look at me wide-eyed and say "man, your tummy is big." There it is....she's rockin' the beer gut, la da da da da.

I suppose I should just own it and rock it, huh?  What else is a girl to do?

3 comments:

Nat said...

How can you not like "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy"? It's even on one of my playlists!

Rachel said...

I watched it and I just don't know what to say. This may be the reason kel says no country music in our house. We expect to hear you sing this solo in a couple of weeks!

Mrs. D said...

Nat, seriously. Can we still be friends if you have that on your playlist. I'm going to have to do some soul searching.

Site Meter