Monday, May 14, 2012

One for the Books

This Mother's Day was one for the books for me.  It was just a great day.  Brianna slept from 8:30 pm  to 7 am.....hallelujah, praise the Lord, Amen!  So I woke up rested and with a good attitude (which is key for Mother's Day.....because you never want high expectations for this day. Kids will still fight.  The house will still be a mess. And it's probable that the only acknowledgement you may get is a half-hearted "happy mother's day mom." So I've learned that if you don't have any expectations, everything else is a bonus!).

But I got much more than a half-hearted greeting yesterday.  I got 2 girls who bounded up the stairs and yelled Happy Mother's Day mom!  I got scrambled eggs and sausage for breakfast from my husband.  And my hubs (the one who's love language is gift giving) helped the girls with some special gifts for me. 

Have a look...



Brianna's gift

Is it common for a dad to forget how to spell his kids' names?
 I think I need to take a poll on this...

She knows me so well!


Austyn's Gift


For some reason Austyn prays nearly every night that I will have enough food to eat.
(I think it has something to do with the way we pray for our sponsored children.)
I assure her that I have plenty...more than enough if we're being honest.
Maybe I should tell her to pray that mommy would excercise self-control...
 

She also knows me well...





Rylie's Gift 



Rylie loves to "look pretty" each and every day...she is ALL girl :).
So this gift is pretty fitting.  And, yay!  I get to go shopping!

All these gifts totally melted my heart...but my favorite gift of the day as a mother?

Their daddy showing them how to make a person feel loved and special.


No comments:

Site Meter