Monday, February 13, 2012

Snow Day

We finally got snow that sticks! Albeit a pathetic showing, probably less than an inch, but that didn't stop us from having fun.  I've been waiting all winter to play in the snow.  I'm not necessarily a huge fan of it, but having grown up in South Dakota, it gives me a chance to relive my childhood.  Plus, I haven't even had a chance to try out my new snow boots I got for Christmas!

We even scrounged up enough snow to make a snowman...

He was actually half grass/half snow.

I just love kids in snow pants, you can't help but think of Ralphie in A Christmas Story.






My sister Anne posted this snow ice cream recipe on Facebook the other day so we tried that too.  The girls loved it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 to 5 cups of snow
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup of sugar
1 tsp vanilla

mix milk, sugar and vanilla until sugar is dissolved then add snow

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


We dyed our ice cream purple...



Okay, now I'm ready for Spring!



Love these verses....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This Week's Verse:

Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.  See to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.
Hebrews 12:14-15

No comments:

Site Meter